Monday 28 February 2011

22 Bullets: 2010

Director - Richard Berry
Written by - Richard Berry
Stars - Jean Reno, Marina Fois and Kad Merad

As I said in the review for Taken I love a good revenge film, but 22 Bullets is a massive let down as I'm a fan of Jean Reno, but his performance is lack luster. The story sounded good as Jean Reno's character is an ex mafia boss who is shot 22 times and survives. His kids are also kidnapped which in turn drives him to seek revenge on who ever has done this. Right from from the start of the film you can tell no care has been put into it. Its badly shot with a lot of shaky up close fight scene's and car chases. I think in general the film has a poor script and is badly acted which is a shame as Jean Reno is a good actor. I advise anyone that this film should be given a miss and really is only for the real die hard fans of revenge films. You would be better off watching Oldboy or Wasabi.

3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment