Wednesday 23 February 2011

Black Swan: 2010

Director - Darren Aronofsky
Written by - Mark Heyman
Stars - Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis and Vincent Cassel

Black Swan is the first film this Oscar session that I have seen that deserves to get the Oscar for best film. Black swan grips right from the start and never loses pace as you see the talented dancer Nina Sayers (Natalie Portman) fall from grace. I believe one of the best things in Black Swan is the relationship between Nina Sayers and her mother Erica Sayers (Barbara Hershey)as she keeps her like a child, which in the end ultimately ends up adding to tragic fall of Nina.

This is so far is the best performance from Natalie Portman I have seen. I believe Natalie Portman's past choices in films have been bad apart from Garden State and Leon, which are two of my favourite films. I think that out off all the performances so far that are up for the Oscars in 2011 Natalie Portman is by far the best. You can tell the care that she put in this role on the bases that she spent an entire year practicing being a ballet dancer and this even continued into the filming off Black Swan.

I think this film is a must for ever one as it is beautifully created and you feel the care that has gone into it.


 Score - 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment